SINCE THEY HAVE THE SAME JERSEYS!
Daily Archive for July 30th, 2008
Bitter rivalries are nothing without a little smack talk — or even a prediction. So having thrown out there the five most bitter rivalries in the SEC, here’s how I think those games will go this season. As always, I reserve the right to change my opinion depending on injuries, suspensions and a team just plain stinking up the joint this season:
1. Auburn 23, Alabama 21: Tommy Tuberville makes it seven in a row over Alabama and holds up seven fingers as he leaves the Bryant-Denny Stadium field.
2. Tennessee 21, Alabama 17: The Vols do just enough to win, and Phillip Fulmer gives his deposition afterward to Alabama attorneys while sitting in the checkerboard end zones at Neyland Stadium.
3. Florida 34, Georgia 31: Percy Harvin runs for two touchdowns and catches another one in a back-and-forth classic that goes down to the final minutes. The only thing better than the game is the Gators’ victory dance.
4. LSU 31, Alabama 14: This time, a bunch of Les Miles recruits lead the way for the Tigers in hammering the Tide. Nick Saban returns to the bus he came to the stadium on only to find the tires all flattened.
5. Tennessee 28, Florida 24: Fulmer ends his drought against Urban Meyer thanks to an interception return for a touchdown by Eric Berry that turns the game around in the third quarter.